NaPoWriMo started Friday, April 1st. I found out about it today (Thursday, April 7th).
[NaPoWriMo is National Poetry Writing Month].
I do not consider myself a writer, I have always been a poet, so … Let’s see if I can catch up, and keep up, with the big kids.
The basic activity is to write a verse every day in April. The type of verse as well as the subject/topic is revealed by the activity group, NaPoWriMo, on their website.
I will list the dates, [type of verse], SUBJECT (if applicable) and the title below. As I complete each said verse, I will provide the link here as well as with each posted through Facebook and Twitter.
I am a lot of years out of practice, I kid you not; so, give me a few days, I think I know what i’m doing.
- APR01: [Lune] | Out of Practice
- APR02: FAMILY PORTRAIT | A Gift for the Bride
- APR03: FAN LETTER | We Toasted Melancholy
- APR04: CRUELEST MONTH | Prisoners of a Maniacal March
- APR05: SEED CATALOG HEIRLOOM PLANTS | Butterfly Your Garden
- APR06: FOOD | The Under-Rated Potato
- APR07: [Tritina] | Fighting the URGE
- APR08: FLOWER | Alberta’s Little Flower
- APR09: AFRAID TO WRITE | What’s That?!?
- APR10: BOOK SPINE POETRY | Behind the Hidden Staircase
- APR11: ABSTRACT SENSORY DETAILS | My Irish Castle at Sunrise
- APR12: INDEX POETRY | x
- APR13: FORTUNE COOKIES | x
- APR14: [San San] | Breaking Heart Serenade
- APR15: DOUBLES | Out All Night
- APR16: ALMANAC QUESTIONNAIRE | Canadian Graffiti
- APR17: SPECIALIZED DICTIONARY | x
- APR18: SOUNDS OF HOME | “Listen to Your Mother!“
- APR19: [Didactic] | Romance a Dinner for Two
- APR20: [Kenning] | x
- APR21: FRACTURED FAIRY TALE | x
- APR22: EARTH DAY | Rocky Mountain Goats
- APR23: [Sonnet] | My Apologies, Sir William
- APR24: MIX N MATCH | x
- APR25: TIE ONE ON A CLASSIC | The Most Fleeting Season
- APR26: SEA SHANTY | x
- APR27: LONG LINES | The Prince, The Fox and The Sword of Light
- APR28: BACKWARDS STORY |
- APR29: I REMEMBER | I Remember